Nokia today announced the 5070, featuring messaging features via text, voice and images.
The built-in VGA camera can snap pictures of friends, weekend trips or any of life's amusing moments and then share via MMS. When a voice messaqe is more convenient, the 5070 offers the option to send off voice messages via Nokia Xpress Audio Messaging. With just a few keystrokes, friends' contact information can be accessed and messages composed and delivered.
With an integrated FM radio, tuning into radio channels in town is quick and easy. If a game is more appropriate, pre-installed Java games such as the widely popular Sudoku can be found. With a built in web browser, surfing the web and checking sports results or movie timetables is also possible.
MP3 ringtones are at hand to ensure that each time it rings, the Nokia 5070 can reflect its owner's style, mood or music taste. Additionally, a variety of wallpapers and themes can also be downloaded to give the Nokia 5070 even more of a personalized touch.
The Nokia 5070 has talk time up to 3.5 hours and the standby time is up to 12 days and is available in red or blue. The Nokia 5070 will be available in the second quarter of 2007 with an estimated retail price of EUR 100 excluding taxes and subsidies.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Nokia today revealed the Nokia 5700 XpressMusic, a 3G smartphone augmented by a dedicated audio chip for enhanced music performance. The 5700 features a twist design that switches between four modes at the flick of the wrist - music player, 2.0-megapixel camera, video call and smartphone.
Using an optional 2 GB microSD card, the Nokia 5700 supports up to 1500 tracks that can be enjoyed using Bluetooth stereo headphones, with their own favorite 3.5 mm plug-equipped headphones and the included headset adaptor or through built-in stereo loudspeakers. Loading songs onto the 5700 is fast and easy as consumers can choose from a broad range of supported digital formats, including WMA, MP3, AAC, as well as eAAC+ and MP4. When purchasing music online, shoppers can select from a range of Internet music stores, also those utilizing Windows Media Player Digital Rights management (WMDRM). The optimized music player in the 5700 supports album art, playlists, plus a 5-band equalizer and audio visualizations.
The Nokia 5700 brings videos to life on a vibrant color screen supporting up to 16 million colors for excellent video playback. With 3G high-speed data connectivity, the 5700 makes browsing, downloading and streaming multimedia content more convenient and faster than before. A video call feature and the built-in 2.0-megapixel camera make it easy to share moments with friends and family.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Google has introduced a transliteration feature that automatically converts english/roman letters to your local language's script. Neat! Very useful for people who know how to speak the language but don't know how to write it
It's currently enabled for Blogger, but should be available on other Google Products very soon
Go to Blogger Setttings, Enable Transliteration
Create a New post, you should see something like above
Type in the english version of your local language and see it automatically transliterate
And you see something like below
गूगल का नया ट्रांस्लितेरेशन फेतुरे
Friday, March 23, 2007
You include a CSS file and a prettify.js script and there you have syntactically highlighted code.
Get it here
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
THE PRICE OF DRAM, which always wibbles and wobbles like there's no tomorrow, is on a bit of a downward wobble at the moment.
Those clever folk at Gartner say the price of 512-Mbit DDR2-based chips has tumbled by 44 per cent this year, already.
And average DRAM spot prices were down to $3.67, last week, a 39 per cent since the beginning of 2007, according to the market watchers.
Firms have been pumping out DRAM chips expecting the market to chew them up to run Vista on. The over-supply has sent prices tumbling. Vendors reckon demand will kick in later this year to help prop up prices.
Gartner says the price of DRAM fell through the floor in February. Spookily, Vista went on sale to end users on January 30th.
Sourced via Inquirer
Monday, March 19, 2007
- Premium design and material with a slim stick form factor measuring just 14.5 mm thick
- Manage music on the Walkman music player including play, rewind, fast forward, equalize, shuffle tracks and create playlists - just like in any other digital music player
- Transfer tracks straight from a music CD by draging and droping
- Record a few seconds of a song and use TrackID to send the music for recognition
- Integrated 2.0-megapixel camera with flash, zoom, auto-focus and video recording capabilities
- Use Picture Blogging by taking or choosing a photo, adding a little text and publishing it for friends and family to enjoy
- Instant email via Push Email sent directly to the phone as soon as it arrives, just like on a home computer
Sunday, March 18, 2007
- Stylish new red color for the award-winning BlackBerry Pearl, exclusively for Cingular
- Phone, email, text messaging (SMS and MMS), browser, instant messaging and organizer applications in a single smartphone
- 1.3-megapixel camera with built-in flash and 5x digital zoom
- Media player with audio and video playback in a variety of formats
- BlackBerry Maps to help users find their way
- Speakerphone and Voice Activated Dialing
- Pearl-like trackball navigation system
- Innovative SureType keyboard technology
- Bluetooth headset, hands-free and serial port profiles supported
- High resolution LCD screen with light sensing technology
- Polyphonic, MP3 and MIDI ringtones
- 64 MB of memory and expandable memory via microSD card
- Quad-band support for worldwide GSM/GPRS and EDGE networks
If you are starting off programming AJAX and don't know what platform, language to use, This page is a good place to start. It gives you details on the various frameworks available for AJAX programmers.
Ofcourse, you need to choose a Framework that suits you, your server, feature requirements and whether the framework has been around for sometime and doesn't leave you hanging in the middle of your project.
Foxit PDF reader which is claimed to be the Fastest PDF Reader has a Linux version too.. and it plain sucks! Rendering is horrible and it just is unusable. Images in the pdfs are missed and it looks horrible. Just stick to Evince or xpdf or even Acrobat Reader
Friday, March 16, 2007
GizmoSMS seems to be offering free SMS messages to any mobile phone in the world.
Try it out
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Friday, March 09, 2007
If you use Google Calendar, you could probably track the Cricket World cup schedule a little easier than the rest of the crowd
1. Go to http://calendar.google.com
2. Search for "Cricket World Cup" in the Other Calendars
3. You will probably get a screen like below
4. Click on Add Calendar of the one of them which you think is correct and you should be able to track the World Cup on your Google Calendar :)
Ofcourse, you could probably track other events through public event calendars - maybe events in your city, etc.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
AOL has released their new webmail interface - Cayman. If you have tried their current webmail product and got sick it was, the new interface pleasantly surprises you. It's really responsive and way better than Yahoo Mail in terms of interface and features - free IMAP and 2GB space.
You probably still won't like those flashy ads on the webpage which you will never see on Gmail.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
This error occurs because
3. IE thinks its illegal to do the above operation and throws up the error.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Zaptxt is an equivalent of Google alert service but for RSS feeds. It monitors RSS feeds by filtering them through keywords and sends the alerts to your email or IM or your mobile (US only)
If you are overloaded with too many RSS feeds, this is a nice to way to filter them out and get alerted instantly on IM and your cell
For IM, Gtalk, Jabber, MSN and Skype are supported