Instant-Torrents is service that allows people to download, find, and share torrents on a private network. Users can download torrents via the site, and direct downloads are available when others have downloaded the torrent before.
Not many torrents as of now - however, you can check out this new developing site
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Researchers have built a facebook program which would dupe a large number of users into downloading a appplication which could cripple a web site
The researchers developed "Photo of the Day," which showed a new National Geographic photo daily. In the background , when the application is clicked everytime , it sends a 600 K-byte HTTP request for images to a victim's Web site.
Monday, June 16, 2008
If you have upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04, and are facing this annoying issue where you press a num key and it restarts/kills your gnome session - you will have to do the following steps to get rid of the issue
In Gnome Menu -
3) Keyboard (Tab: Mouse Keys)
4) Uncheck (Allow to control pointer using the keyboard).
Via Ubuntu Bugs
Monday, May 19, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
- The overall industry average click fraud rate rose to 16.6 percent for Q4 2007. That's up from the 14.2 percent click fraud rate for the same quarter in 2006 and 16.2 percent for Q3 2007.
- The average click fraud rate of PPC advertisements appearing on search engine content networks, including Google AdSense and the Yahoo Publisher Network, was 28.3 percent in Q4 2007. That’s up from the 19.2 percent average click fraud rate for the same quarter in 2006 and 28.1 percent for Q3 2007.
- The 2007 industry average click fraud rate grew by 15 percent over the industry average click fraud rate for 2006.
- Q4 2007 click fraud traffic from botnets was 15 percent higher than click fraud traffic from botnets in Q3 2007.
- In Q4 2007, the greatest percentage of click fraud originating from countries outside North America came from India (4.3 percent) Germany (3.9 percent) and South Korea (3.7 percent).