Updates for Gmail come thick and fast after so many years :-)
Gmail now has IMAP for select users - if you are lucky to be in this phase of updates - you will see IMAP settings at Settings > Forwarding - IMAP/POP
See more at DownloadSquad
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
"Sex" - Egypt, India and Turkey
"Nazi" - Chile, Australia and the United Kingdom
"Jihad" - Morocco, Indonesia, Pakistan
"Terrorism" - Pakistan, Philippines, Australia
"Hangover" - Ireland, United Kingdom, United States
"Burrito" - United States, Argentina, Canada
"Iraq" - United States, Australia, Canada
"Taliban" - Pakistan, Australia, Canada
"Tom Cruise" - Canada, United States, Australia
"Britney Spears" - Mexico, Venezuela, Canada
"Homosexual" - Philippines, Chile, Venezuela
"Love" - Philippines, Australia, United States
"Botox" - Australia, United States, United Kingdom
"Viagra" - Italy, United Kingdom, Germany
"David Beckham" - Venezuela, United Kingdom, Mexico
"Kate Moss" - Ireland, United Kingdom, Sweden
"Dolly Buster" - Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia
"Car bomb" - Australia, United States, Canada
"Marijuana" - Canada, United States, Australia
"IAEA" - Austria, Pakistan, Iran
Monday, October 15, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
- A Completely Redesigned Interface, including Album Art
- Multiple device support, including iPods
- Access and Share Your Music and Videos with Winamp Remote
- Play and Playlist the Best Music on the Web with Media Monitor
- Get Artist & Concert News, Videos & more with Smart Search
- Enjoy Dynamic Song Recommendations
- Experience MP3 Surround Sound Support
- Access to Thousands of Online Radio Stations, Videos and More!
- 50 FREE MP3 Music Downloads compliments of eMusic's 2-week Trial
- Auto-Tagger provides automatic updates to file information
- Control Winamp From Your Browser with the Winamp Toolbar
Friday, October 05, 2007
Microsoft is officially supporting IE7 without WGA validation.
Almost a year ago, we released Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP. Since then, IE7 is well on its way to becoming the most used browser in the world, and we’ve seen lots of evidence that IE7 makes it safer and easier to accomplish everyday tasks online. For example, the built-in Phishing Filter has protected consumers from known phishing web sites an average of 900,000 times per week. IE7 is the first – and still the only – browser with native support for Extended Validation SSL Certificates that help prevent online fraud. (Of course, tabbed browsing, QuickTabs, shrink-to-fit printing, an easily customizable search box, CSS improvements, and some add-ons are all good things too.)
Read more and go and download if you care
We ofcourse still suggest Firefox
There's something interesting happening right now. Startups are undergoing the same transformation that technology does when it becomes cheaper.
There's a pattern that we see over and over in technology. Initially there's some kind of device that's very expensive and custom made in small quantities. Then someone figures out a way to make them much more cheaply, and orders of magnitude more get built. And that allows them to be used in ways that would have been inconceivable before.
Read the whole essay
Visual Concepts knows how to make a great basketball game. Of course, it's been producing them for years, starting way back on the Sega Dreamcast and eventually moving on to more complex game machines. However, this year's NBA 2K8 feels like its most complete basketball experience yet, a game that just misses being a perfect digital recreation of the sport.
Read the whole review
Appleinsider believes that Mac OS X Leopard will be released late October - 26th is the date they are speculating. Leopard is one of the most awaited versions of operating systems, although according to sources , they say that ..
the source code to Leopard had not yet been frozen and a Gold Master had not yet been declared. However, the operating system in recent weeks has inched closer to this status with the last full builds including only one known issue.
- feature: Command line switches, run “skype —help” for more details.
- feature: —resources=
to set an alternative to /usr/share/skype for resources.
- feature: Add an option to Sound Devices to enable/disable automatic mixer adjustment.
- feature: Allow keyboard/keypad to be used to enter DTMF numbers in call window.
- feature: Clickable links in chat topics.
- feature: Tooltips for emoticons in the chat window.
- feature: Chat toolbar with Add People, Send File(s) to Chat, History and Leave Chat buttons.
- feature: Confirmation dialog for Leave Chat button.
- feature: Drag-and-drop files to chat input box to send files to chat.
- feature: Drag-and-drop files to individual contacts in chat or contact list to send files.
- feature: Drag-and-drop users from contact list into chat input box to send contacts.
- feature: Drag-and-drop users from contact list into chat memberlist to add to chat.
- feature: Dragging of contacts into other programs (text entry) will copy skype:
- feature: File transfer menu.
- feature: API OPEN FILETRANSFER and OPEN USERINFO commands.
- feature: Auto-accept file transfers.
- feature: “Cleanup transfers” button.
- feature: Key ‘F6’ to bring main window focus instantly to Quickfilter.
- feature: Interface language choice in Options based on translation files available (restart required).
- feature: “New version available” dialog.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
You will have to include src="scriptaculous/lib/prototype.js, scriptaculous/src/scriptaculous.js and jsvalidate.js and you will be able to use the following classes for validation
jsrequired - Field must have some sort of value.
jsvalidate_number - Any integer; accepts decimal and negative
jsvalidate_digits - Only Numbers
jsvalidate_alpha - Only letters
jsvalidate_alphanum - Only letters, numbers, and underscores.
jsvalidate_email - Any valid email address.
jsvalidate_uscanzip - US or Canada Zip code; Accepts optional US zip + 4
jsvalidate_usstate - Any 2 letter uppercase state of the United States.
jsvalidate_usphone - US Phone Number, accepts most common formats.
jsvalidate_creditcard - Validates VISA, MasterCard, American Express; formats: no spaces, spaces, or dashes.
jsvalidate_ssn - Social Security Number in the format: XXXXXXXXX, XXX XX XXXX, or XXX-XX-XXXXX
select-notfirst - This class can be applied to select boxes (drop-downs). It prohibits the user from selecting the first option from the list.
See the demo
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Two years later, after paying $2.6 billion , Ebay now says that Skype was a mistake
Ebay says that they paid $1 billion in excess, and will now be effecting management changes - the skype co-founders will now be leaving the company
Monday, October 01, 2007
If this is competition, Google can keep smiling!
The great Microsoft Office online is .. well , read for yourself
How much does Microsoft Office Live Workspace cost?
It’s free. No purchase or credit card information is required. Microsoft Office Live Workspace may eventually include advertising, but we’re still testing different designs. At some point, we may also offer additional features or services at a charge.
What is a workspace?
A workspace is an online place where you can store, access, and share documents and files. Use it to group related information for work, school, or personal projects. Sharing is easy – all you need is a person’s e-mail address and you can invite them to your workspace. You decide if they can edit or simply review. You can access your workspace from any computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser.
Who is it for?
Anyone who uses Microsoft Office can benefit from this service. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, this service is for you:
* Do you store information on a flash drive or send yourself documents via e-mail to work on later?
* Do you need to access work files when away from your office?
* Do you need to access school documents when away from your desk (at the library, home on break, etc.)?
* Do you share documents via e-mail and then manually merge all the comments later?
* Do you use e-mail to coordinate and share information with your sports clubs, PTA, study group, etc?
* Are you planning an event and coordinating with multiple people or vendors?
So, much for Online Office Suite!