- unified look and feel for all widgets
- ambitious a11y and i18n features in every Dijit widget
- a mature CSS-driven theme system with multiple, high-quality themes
- huge improvements in system performance
- data-bound widgets
- Declarations for lightweight widget writing
- a new page parser that allows instances of any class, not just widgets
- no magic
- reduced API surface area (easier to remember and use)
- dojo.query() always available, returns real arrays
- from-scratch high-performance DnD system
- Base (dojo.js) is 25K on the wire (gzipped)
- dojo.data APIs finalized
- new build system
- new test harness for both CLI and browser use
- dojo.behavior now marked stable and based on dojo.query
- excellent animation APIs with Color animations in Base (always available)
- all the features you’ve come to count on from Dojo (RPC, JSON-P, JSON, i18n, formatting utilities, etc.)
- high quality implementations of previously experimental features: gfx (portable 2D drawing), data wires, offline, storage, cometd, etc.
- dojox.gfx now includes Silverlight support
Here is tour of 0.9 !
Get it here!